Bye Laws and Important Information
- The whole of the prizes are for open competition except where otherwise stated in the schedule.
- Animals can be entered in more than one class.
- Entries to be made with the Section Secretary on or before September 4th or the date indictated and in no circumstances will entries be accepted after that.
- Entry fee £5 entitles exhibitor to one free ticket.
- Tickets for admission to Show-yard and number of Stand for Stock, etc. will be sent by the Secretary to the exhibitor on receipt of entry accompanied by fees.
- All Stock must be on the Show Ground before 10.00 am on the morning of the Show, except animals entered in the Trotting and Showjumping
- All Stock must be the bona-fide property of the exhibitor.
- Bulls must be secured by a ring with a chain or rope attached, and all Cattle and Horses must be haltered when brought onto the ground.
- No animal may be removed during the day except when required by the judges. No Stock to be taken off the ground before 5.00 pm. The Show-yard will close at 5.30
- In all cases where there is no competition, or when the animals do not possess sufficient merit, the awarding of the prizes will be at the discretion of the Judges. When any condition is attached to the winning of a premium, the prizes shall not be paid until such conditions have been fulfilled and a certificate produced to the Secretary.
- The Stewards have power to register a protest against any animal which does not comply with the conditions of entry. Such protest shall be decided by a quorum of six of the Committee and Secretary on the ground.
- Every protest must be made in writing, signed and lodged with the Secretary accompanied by a deposit of £5. No protest will be entertained unless received by the Secretary within four days from the date of the Each protest will be investigated and decided by the Committee within one month from date of Show. The decision of the Committee to be final and binding, without legal or other appeal. In case a protest should be deemed frivolous the deposit shall (if the Committee think fit) be forfeited to the Society.
- All disputes of any kind shall be finally decided by the Committee.
- The Society shall not be responsible for any accident, injury or loss, to any exhibit sent to the Show.
- All entries must be made on the printed forms which may be obtained from the Secretary, or online at stanhopeshow.com
- All premiums due will be paid by cheque within twenty-eight days after the Show, except where Rule 11 applies.
- Should Prize Money not be received within 28 days of the Show, claims must be made in writing to the Secretary.
- The Committee reserve the right of payment on all cheques not presented on or after November 30th following the show.
- The Committee reserve the right to cancel any class or classes.
- Please also note that the closing date for entries this year is Sunday 4th 2022 unless otherwise stated by the Section Secretary.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL EXHIBITORS
The organisers are naturally concerned for the safety of the public at the show and this is of paramount importance in relation to Public Liability Insurance and the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 with additions and amendments. An Agricultural Show presents many difficult problems because of numbers of people and livestock moving around on a large site. In order to comply with legal and insurers requirements it is necessary to segregate, as far as possible, livestock from the general public. The Society has therefore appointed Stewards to supervise the movements of people and livestock around the Show Field at all times and THE DIRECTIONS OF THE STEWARDS MUST BE FOLLOWED AT ALL TIMES.
Should any exhibitor fail to comply with the instructions of the stewards, the Society will have no alternative but to remove that exhibitor’s entries from the Show Field and all fees paid and /or prizes won will be forfeit. This condition will be strictly enforced and no appeal will be considered.
STANHOPE AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY HAS MADE THE BEST ARRANGEMENTS IN THEIR POWER FOR THE SAFETY OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC, EXHIBITORS AND ANIMALS. THEY WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY TO ANY PERSONS, ANIMALS OR PROPERTY. THE PUBLIC ARE NOT TO ENTER ANY RING OR ENCLOSURE AND ARE TO BE VIGILANT OF VEHICLES AND ANIMALS MOVING AROUND THE SHOW FIELD. MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATING IN ANY EVENT DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK.